Learn to Help FRs with Mental Wellness Challenges with ICISF
Date:Tuesday February 8, 2022
Awareness of mental health has increased, focusing on altering the stigma of mental health issues and PTSD in high stress occupations and the prevention of suicide. At the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, we offer a variety of courses and resources that discuss these mental health issues and more.
Upcoming ICISF Courses
- Suicide Awareness: An Introduction for Crisis Responders (Live Training & Online Course)
- Resilience in Healthcare: Performance, Meaning and Connection
- Resilience Training: Psychological Survival Skills for Before, During and After Crises
- Resilient Leadership for Emergency Services & Healthcare Professions (Live Training & Online Course)
- The Secrets of Psychological Body Armor – Holistic Wellness for Emergency Personnel (Live Training & Online Course)
The ICISF Live Training Program utilizes Zoom Technology and offers real-time presentations, faculty interaction, small group breakouts and live Q&A. To view our upcoming training, visit https://icisf.org/remote-learning/.
Our Online Courses are delivered in a 2-3 week format or fully asynchronous, where you can work at your own pace throughout the course and engage with other participants in discussions. To learn more and register for our online training, visit https://icisf.org/online/. We’ve also included a list of relevant ICISF handouts, articles, and videos for you to learn more about PTSD, Suicide Awareness, and Resilience.
ICISF FREE Handouts
- Peri-Traumatic Predictors and Warning Signs of Post-Traumatic Distress
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Resources
- Methods to Maintain and Enhance Resilience
- Building Resilience from Survivor Guilt After a Traumatic Event
- PTSD and Suicide Within the Fire and Emergency Services
- Emergency Medical Dispatchers and PTSD
- Probable PTSD, Symptoms of Depression, and an Exploratory Factor Analysis of Item Responses in Canadian Steelworkers After Workplace Trauma
- An Ordinary Firefighters Struggles and Triumphs over Stress, PTSI and Suicide
- PTSD911 Documentary Film: Shining a Light on PTSD & First Responders (CISM Live Series)
- First Responders: Resilient Minds for Chaotic Times (CISM Live Series)
- First Responder’s: Finding Music Within the Noise (CISM Live Series)